Low back pain may be caused by a number of factors. If you are like most of my patients, one or more of these activities probably contributed to your low back pain:
- Improper lifting and sitting posture as well as poor physical condition
- Obesity and living a sedentary lifestyle
- You work in an office and sit a desk for most of your day
- Stress and smoking
- Trauma from a fall, sports injury, or a car accident
- Spinal Degeneration from disc wear and tear
- Sciatica, which occurs when a herniated or ruptured disc presses on the sciatic nerve
- Osteoporosis, a bone disease that contributes to a progressive decline in the density and strength of bones
There are some diseases or medical conditions, which may contribute to lower back pain. These may include spondylitis, fibromyalgia, arthritis, endometriosis, spinal stenosis, skeletal irregularities, and even kidney stones. Other causes of low back pain include a strain of the lumbar area as a result of tearing or stretching of the ligaments, muscles or tendons, commonly occurring from sports injuries. Another common cause of pain comes from a nerve root syndrome, such as a herniated or slipped disc.
Without a proper diagnosis, it would impossible for me to recommend a therapy and course of treatment for your lower back pain. As you can see, many of my patients came to me for many different reasons. I started the Holistic Chiropractic Center based on providing you with highly personalized care and treatment, for the entire duration of your therapy. I specialize in the following treatments for low back pain, which may be individual or used in combination to provide solutions for your pain:
- Flexion Distraction
which is a process that carefully realigns and adjusts the spine over a period of time.
- Muscle Testing
which is a holistic approach to the physical diagnosis of the strengths and weakness of the muscles in the area related to low back pain.
- Applied Kinesiology
which in relation to muscle testing, is treatment that targets improved movement of the affected area.
- Nutrition Response Testing
may be used to help heal the body from within. It is a healing and preventative treatment that contributes to improving overall wellness by properly fueling the organs in your body.